Tuesday, July 22, 2008
A Successful Experiment
I said that I would post the ingredients that I used for the garden supper. I used four zucchini, three tomatoes, (I had to cheat a little here and added just a little clamato juice to add a little more liquid, about 12 fresh basil leaves chopped, I guess about 2 tablespoons, about a teaspoon and a half of fresh thyme, one onion finely chopped and 3 cloves of garlic minced and one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. I started by sautéing the onions and garlic and zucchini and sliced mushrooms and then added the tomatoes and spices. While I was doing this I boiled the linguini. I must admit the pasta was a little too soft. I then added the sauce to the linguini and served. Overall I would rate the meal a 7.5/10. I think next time I might try adding a little white wine to the sauce and maybe a little more thyme to add more flavour. My better half rated the meal an 8! The best part was taking this outside to the backyard and enjoying the meal with a well chilled bottle of white wine!