The Arrogant Chef’s Ultimate Burger Recipe
2 lbs of medium ground
½ package of dry onion soup mix
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cloves fresh garlic minced
one egg beaten
Montreal Chicken Spice
Diane’s Regular BBQ Sauce
3 jalapeno peppers finely chopped
1. Mix the 2 lbs of hamburger with onion soup mix, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce (enough to moisten the hamburger)
2. Finely chop mushrooms, chopped red pepper, and fresh garlic minced and sauté until soft.
3. Make one patty, top with about 1 tablespoon cream cheese, and 1 to two tablespoons of sauté mixture and finely chopped jalapeno peppers cover and seal with another patty. These make quite large burgers.
4. BBQ the burgers. You can’t flip these so BBQ for about 7 minutes on one side and then flip another 7 minutes or so depending on doneness. Once flipped pour on BBQ sauce and sprinkle with Montreal chicken spice.
5. Lightly toast buns, and top with lettuce, thinly sliced red onion, mustard, thinly sliced tomato. (avoid using ketchup)
6. Dig in and enjoy.