Sunday, December 5, 2010

Winter Cooking Season

Well with a fine dusting of snow and the temperature at -8 Celcius, the Winter cooking season is officially upon us. I have always associated cooking with the change of seasons. Spaghetti in the summer? Never!!! Pasta salads or lobster rolls in the winter? I don't think so. Winter is time for comfort food, red wine, pasta, and hearty soups. Some of my favourites are Farm House Soup, Beef Croustades, Chowders and Bisques with crusty rolls, Chilis, and of course my all time favourite The Arrogant Chef's Spaghetti. It is time to take out the slow cooker. Time to experiment with pizza and wine pairings on a Friday night after driving home from work in a snow storm. (I must say though that pizza really does transcend the seasons.)

Tonight I will be making Bistro Turkey Baguettes. I will post pictures and the recipe later this week. These baguettes are perfect for sitting in front of the TV and watching your favourite sport. Great served with frites, and homemade coleslaw with a nice Pinot Noir or premium ale.

No comments: