Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry

I came across this stir fry recipe at http://alittleyum.com/2011/01/20/stir-fry-of-chicken-vegetables/ I made some modifications since I like more veggies in my stir fry. This is an excellent recipe. Since I am watching my carbs, I did not add any rice or noodle.

Ingredients


1/3 cup chicken stock

3 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp sugar

1 tsp cornstarch or more to thicken

2-3 tbsp vegetable oil

½ tsp red chilli flakes (optional)

2 cloves garlic, minced

vegetables I used 2 carrots chopped, 8oz mushrooms sliced, broccoli about 2 cups, snow peas, 3 green onions chopped, one green pepper sliced, one red pepper sliced.

1 1/4 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breast cut into ½ inch cubes (have the butcher at the store do this)

salt and pepper

Method

1. Whisk together water/stock, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch till cornstarch and sugar are dissolved

2. In a large frying pan or wok heat the oil. Add the chilli flakes, is using and garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes

3. Remove chicken and fry the vegetables for 2-4 minutes (depends on vegetable you are using and how much crunch you like - I would add the carrots, mushrooms, green and red peppers first then the broccoli and green onions right at the end.

4. Add chicken and basil to wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds

5. Pour over the whisked mixture and bring to a boil and simmer for a couple to minutes. Ready to eat!

No comments: