Monday, April 2, 2012

BBQ Challenge Held at Home and Trade Show

It certainly has been a long time since my last post. I have been very busy with a couple of other websites but I am going to turn my attention back to this blog. I attended the Cornwall Chamber of Commerce BBQ Challenge on the weekend. Two of my cooking friends entered the challenge. Sylvain cooked an outstanding quail dish and Brian an equally outstanding halibut dish. You can see how great these looked in the photos below. Neither Brian nor Sylvain placed. Brian was defeated from the beginning. Two of the three judges were allergic to white fish. Go figure. Also strange was that a rib dish placed second. The rules were 20 minute preparation and 20 minute cooking time. Ya can't cook ribs in 20 minutes. The ribs were falling off the bone. They had been cooked for many hours prior to the competition. Seems a little unfair. First place was jerk chicken. I even wonder how chicken with bone in could cook in 20 minutes. Anyhow it was a good event. Hopefully next year the rules will be a little clearer.


No comments: