Sunday, April 29, 2012

BBQ Ribs

Last year I switched over from a propane to a charcoal BBQ. So far I have been very happy with my new charcoal BBQ. Last night I made ribs for the first time using charcoal. I was quite happy with the results. I got a pretty good char on the ribs, perhaps a little too much. I will have to watch them a little more carefully next time. The sauce which is simply 2 bottles of Diane's Original BBQ sauce, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1/2 a cup of water, and two teaspoons of instant coffee granules, is super tasty. For the rub I use paprika, salt, pepper, and chili powder. This rub gives the ribs a fantastic taste. I usually begin my ribs in the oven for about 4-5 hours at about 250F. I rub them, put them in a large foil pan, pour in about 2 1/2 bottles of beer then cover with foil. Once they are ready, I then transfer them to the BBQ and begin basting with the sauce until ready.

No comments: